Published on October 24, 2016 by Adrienne McLean
Whether a sales pitch to clients, a pitch to investors to get some capital, a presentation to staff or in whatever situation, there are some important skills to consider when delivering that presentation.
Here’s a checklist to help with rehearsal and practicing your presentation or in the actual event!
Checklist for Successful Presentations
- A Clear structure to your presentation –
- A strong opening
- An explanation about your topic
- Is your content well organised with a clear opening, body and conclusion
- Some captivating stories – only need one or two depending on length of presentation
- Are you displaying your enthusiasm?
- Are you confident on your topic?
- Do you use strong eye contact?
- Do you use appropriate gestures or do nervous twitching?
- Are you using a strong voice?
- Do you um and ah a lot and use filler words or do you impress with No filler words?
- A strong conclusion
- Have you got a powerful message running through the presentation?
- Are you using well prepared slides or (avoid – crammed with too many words)?
- Have you tested all your Audio-Visual equipment – everything is together and working.
- Got that spare couple of batteries, power cord, some tissues and any precaution to help with the event running smoothly.
There’s so much to consider – this list is a starting checklist – build on this list to personalise so that you are as prepared for your presentation as possible.
Your preparation will be evident to your Audience and build your confidence – Enjoy your presenting –
Adrienne McLean DTM – SpeakersTrainingCamp International Instructor and the Founder of The Speakers Practice – Adrienne specialises at The Speakers Practice helping clients to confidently deliver presentations for maximum impact. You can contact Adrienne on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on 0414 367 960.