Published on September 25, 2020 by Adrienne McLean
Early 2019, I started asking around my clients and colleagues about what would be a suitable theme for our conference, the Professional Services Marketing Conference. After many discussions, the theme was agreed on “Think Bigger, Grow and Succeed”.
From Small Businesses to Business Coaches to large city based firms, the theme was supported and of interest. Business owners, marketing managers, coaches, micro businesses wanted the same thing – they were looking at widening their understanding, learning approaches that had been tested and worked then taking on the thinking & mindset of successful people.
Now, I’m closely approaching having completed 40 of these podcasts and I’ve learnt so much:
1. It is a great way to have a conversation and get to know an influencer or someone who you may be able to connect with afterwards
2. Each and everyone of my podcasts has some inspiration and motivation in the discussion. It’s by doing these interviews that professionals can share their experience and inspire other to have the courage to move forward.
3. As a content creator it is brilliant! I’ve , of course, recorded then transcribed then collated and in the process of putting the transcriptions into a book.
4. Each guest has their own wisdoms and experiences to share. This is the part I enjoy the most. Of course, there are times when points of view are supported. It is each individuals approach that is so inspiring.
5. For me, series of 20 is a manageable size. There are many steps in the process – organising the guest, the preparation of script and promotion for the interview, holding the interview, editing and uploading the recording and script onto one or more podcasting platforms to maximise social media impact. To finish, the interviews can be transcribed for use for other content.
If you’re looking for some inspiration and motivation, go to our podcast Think Bigger, Grow and Succeed and hear our experts – see https://thespeakerspractice.com.au/think-bigger-grow-and-succeed/
Adrienne McLean, The Speakers Practice runs weekly interviews on Think Bigger, Grow and Succeed. Adrienne is a Certified BookYourselfSolid Business Building coach and can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org and on mobile 0414 367 960.