Business presentations are essential to communicate projects,management issues,business restructuring,system implementations,marketing strategies,sales successes and so on. The Business Presentation is a pivotal method of communication to clients, staff and executives. How can a Business Presentation be structured to best get the message across?
1.Strong Opening Grip your business audience with a strong comment to open – a question – a story – a quotation or the one big success of why you are there.
2. Background – why they need to listen – you need to detail why your audience needs to listen to your presentations. What is in this presentation for them Detailing briefly why they should listen and what is going to be addressed by listening will keep their attention.
3. Execution – the audience doesn’t want to know excruciating detail but they do want to be included in the journey – so detail some of the important steps so they can understand how far the project has come.
4. Challenges and How you overcame them – Show your best work – what challenges have been faced and how have you used your skills to address these challenges. Don’t blow your own trumpet but be proud of the work and details the achievements and developments.
5. Results – the Bottom Line – Results are what the Boss wants to know – focus on these and the impact these results are having on the business.
6. Benefits to clients – External or Internal How do these results benefit the clients, staff, shareholders? Business projects and simply work are at the end for this – so explain the benefits.
7. Summary of success A brief summary to finish will keep your hard work at the front of the Bosses mind – the huge steps forward , whatever you want the Boss to remember , this goes at the end.
A Business Presentation is an important tool – it can win or loose business, staff can be kept engaged or can be discouraged. It is dependent on the topic, on where you put your focus but the results and the impact are crucial then by looking and sharing some of the important details, this can show you are working towards the same goal and you will really shine!